Dedicated Ice Leagues!
Size of leagues
- Minimum: At least 12 people must sign up for a league for it to be established as a league. Otherwise, that league will be canceled. Curlers who signed up for a canceled league will be notified, and they may then switch to a different league or ask for a refund of that league fee.
- Maximum: With three sheets, we obviously have limits on the number of teams and number of players that can be in a league. Some people will sign up as teams of four or more players, or as groups of two or three people wanting to be on the same team. Priority will be given to players signing up as teams of four or more, then smaller groups and individuals.
- If more than six teams sign up as teams, we have two choices:
- Put a 7th team in that league and have a rotation with a bye
- Ask the 7th and subsequent teams if they wish to move to a different league
- If more teams and individuals sign up for a league than will fit into 6 teams, (first come, first served) the overflow players will be notified and ask if they would like to sign up in a different league.
- It may be that we will start new leagues at times not given originally, if the overflow players wish it.
- The ultimate goal will be to have as many curlers as possible on the ice in a given week.
League fees are calculated at rate of $20 per game, payable as a whole league fee. Thus, a league that is nine weeks long will cost $180. (This is the same as last year at Lloyd Center.)
- As an incentive to curl more, after a person has paid for 20 games ($400 in league fees, not including membership dues) all other leagues (games) for that person will be only $10 per game.
- This ½-price incentive carries over for the entire curling year, which ends on August 31.
- As a further incentive to curl more, after you have paid $700 in league fees in one curling year, all further curling is free! So, your 51st game is free (and your 52nd and 53rd)
You must be a member of ECC to join any league, except Novice League and Friday Night Friends.
- Novice League For those who have just completed a Learn to Curl or who are returning to curling after a long absence. This league is open to all participants (members included), focus is on learning the rules and having fun (isn't it always?). A person may curl in this league without being an ECC Member, however participation of non-members is limited to two sessions (when more are available). Any person may substitute ($20) in this league if space exists, sign a waiver and stop by!
- Women's League is for any female, any age, any experience.
- Men's League is for any adult male, any experience
- Competitive League is for any curler, any age, with at least two (2) years of curling experience, whether the experience was in ECC or somewhere else.
- Fun/Family league is not restricted. This is a league where competition is not the top priority, a time where you can invite friends or family to come and, maybe, try curling. We hope to encourage families to curl together, whether as members of the same team or not, but the league is not restricted to families.
- Open League is not restricted--men, women, juniors, any experience level.
- Mixed League (none scheduled yet) is made of teams of two men and two women, any age, any experience. Substitutes in this league must be correct to keep the team at two and two.s
- Junior league is for those who are under 21 as of September 1 of the curling year. Substitutes must be juniors, except that if there are no juniors available and the team would be only two players without a substitute, an adult may substitute.
- Learn to Curl, while not strictly a league, is a 2-hour introduction to curling with instructors. These will be scheduled at times when there is no league playing, or a more informal introduction to curling may occur on an open sheet during league play. Learners may attend more than one Open House.
- Friday Night Friends, This is a pickup style night will be focused on socializing and having fun while curling. Typically there will be music in the curling house and "stacking the brooms" after the 4th end. Sign up is a first come first served basis at the rink, the first 24 participants will curl. Scheduling of this event will be random, as there are many weekend "spiels" and other special events. We look forward to meeting new curlers these nights.